Stay Safe: EOHCB Industry Reminder about Salon Protocols
Dear EOHCB Members & Industry,
At present, under the adjusted level 3 regulations, our industry remains in operation and the current personal care sector-specific regulations as published and gazette, 19 June 2020 remains in place and must be adhered to.
A significant change in the risk level adjustment to alert level 3 is that; every South African is now responsible to ensure compliance with regards to the wearing of face masks in public places, and no longer does the onus lie only with employers and or business owners but every citizen of the Republic of South Africa.
Employers/Business owners must continue to ensure that every employee or member of the public when entering the workplace:
• Wears a face mask covering both the nose and mouth at all times;
• Social distancing of 1.5 metres is kept and or physical barriers are present;
• COVID-19 contact tracing and symptom screening is conducted and recorded before an individual enters the working environment;
• An employee or member of the public who presents or experiences any COVID-19 symptoms to remain at home or return home and self-isolate for at least 10 days and seek medical attention;
• Only clients being serviced may be inside the workplace and no visitors should be allowed;
• Employers/Business owners are to determine the floor space of their premises and calculate the allowable number of individuals inside the workplace per 1.5 square metres.
The national curfew has been extended to 21h00 – 06h00. All citizens must be confined to their place of residence during these hours.
For more information, or support and assistance for your business, please contact your local EOHCB office or representative – you can find your local agent or office HERE.