Festive Season Tips for Business Success
Holiday time and the festive season is already upon us. Here are some important ways that you can capitalise over the festive season, to ensure that your salon offers the best service and capitalises on this busy time of year.
• Make sure you have adequate stock, including your seasonal sellers as well as gift cards, gift packages, and other items that will be in high demand. If your supplier closes over Christmas, ensure you have stock to tide you over to January.
• Ensure that your holiday-themed services are included on your salon’s menu and this time of year, think of special seasonal treatments that clients might love in the festive run-up or before they leave for holiday.
• Make sure you have all your holiday promotions and services “out there” on your website and social media for the widest reach, as well as your salon’s opening hours, especially if these are different from normal or you are extending your hours over the holidays.
• Ensure that your staff are all fully trained and motivated ready for the festive season, and that you have sufficient staff. Your staff’s leave should be taken in January and February when the salon is quieter, unless you are officially closing the entire shop for a few days over the festive season.
• Decorate your salon for a festive feel and to encourage thoughts of gifts and holidays among clients.
• On selected days you could have some drinks and snacks in the salon to create festive fun and give clients an extra treat.
• Ensure that no matter how busy your salon is, you still give clients your full attention and ensure that they are treated like kings and queens. If your salon takes bookings, always encourage them to prebook for January/February to ensure a good flow of customers during these quieter months.
You might also enjoy...